Thursday, April 8, 2010

Skiing, take two!



Let's try skiing again.  This time our tickets are for the correct day of the week.  Yippee!!  We got up early on Thursday morning and Dave was his eager self getting antsy to get up on the mountain.  We arrived just as the resort opened at 9am, and the parking lot was practically empty!  It was an awesome ski day!  Not many people on the hill, and blue skies for the most part.  It has been a while since I skied last, so Dave and I enjoyed runs down the easier hills.  The pictures of me skiing were taken because Dave was skiing BACKWARDS.  Boy am I glad that guy wears a helmet!

We did runs until about 12:30, broke for lunch, and tackled the hills again.  Dave with his super sonic goggles misread the colored dots on the signs and took me down a difficult hill.  I took a lovely fall, and needless to say, I popped up with the warning that my chiropractor was going to kill him!  I survived, but strained my already damaged knee.  After pushing my knee to its limits, I spent the last hour drinking hot cocoa in the lodge while Dave tackled the double black diamonds.  All in all, it was an AWESOME day, oh, and I forgave Dave for almost killing me on the hill =)

No comments: