Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ornament Exchange

Dave and I started the tradition last year of giving each other an ornament every Christmas.  We exchange ornaments the day we decorate the tree.  I had to laugh this year (and last) about how much our personalities come out in the exchange.  Dave always gets me a very sentimental ornament, and mine are usually silly.  Opposites attract, right? =)

Here's us decorating the tree this year and the ornaments we got each other.  Dave's gift to me was a prayer angel.  He said he was inspired because of how much I pray - for us, for family, etc.  I got him.....a BBQ.  Because a BBQ was a special gift this year and Dave loves his steak, I felt like this ornament was fitting. Please excuse  my hair - this was after a long day of playing in the snow.  We both still have our thermals on.  Oh, and our tree is a little Charlie-Brownish.  It was snowing hard and we had been looking and hiking for a while.  This tree was originally like 20+ feet tall and we took the top off of it, so we couldn't really see what it looked like until we cut it down.  Branches were injured in the process.











2 comments:

Morgan said...

What a sweet idea! And, Tara, what are you talking about? You look great! The picture of you hanging the lights is gorgeous!

MamaGord said...

Those are cute ornaments! That is such a cool idea.