Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Man Toys

So, I was perusing through the aisles at Lowes, looking for a hand truck, when I happened to find the BBQ section.  Dave and I have been without a BBQ and have been borrowing my brother in-law's tiny apartment BBQ that sits on a table for the time being.  Since it was the end of the season, I had to check and see if they had any sales.  There she was, a lonely but beautiful Webber BBQ.....stainless steel......no price.  It had a few scratches on it so I figured it must have been returned.  The associate said it was originally almost $500, but he'd give it to me for $250.  I looked at him, placed my hand on my hip and said, "Can you do any better than that?"  He pulled me aside and in a half whisper said, "If you come back tomorrow, I think I can sell it to you for $150."  Now that's more like it!  Guess who was driving in to Lowes early the next day?  I bought the BBQ and a cover, and managed to haul it home and unload it with my mom's help that day (that in it self what a sight......two ladies trying to lift a BBQ off of a truck).

Dave came home to a surprise that night.  I had steak marinading all day and beer in the fridge.  The video explains the rest.







No comments: