Thursday, August 26, 2010

My New Job

We have received blessing after blessing from God, and this job is no exception.  An old friend I used to be in a Bible study with owns his own web development company. His business is growing and he now needs an assistant to take care of a lot of the administrative stuff. Funny thing, I needed a job. The way we connected was a bit unconventional, but I guess it is on par with the current times: facebook.  I had posted that I was looking for a job in Chico.  Ryann, Jason the business owner's wife, saw my posting on facebook and mentioned to her husband that I would be a good fit for the job.  A few emails later I was filling out an I-9 form. Check out the business: www.sitehatchery.com

This job has its perks. First of all, I can work anywhere - at home on my couch, or at Starbucks.  Lately, Starbucks has been my choice. Jason gives me a Starbucks card to use when I'm working = awesome!


The second perk is that I get to work with Jason.  He's an awesome guy who's very gifted and talented.  He's releasing me to do a lot of fun stuff like test websites, accounting and billing, and write marking material for his websites in development.



The third perk is that the flexibility allows me to focus on my school work while still earning some extra money.  Thanks Jason for offering me the job!

No comments: